Q. I noticed a solid lump in penis after unprotected oral sex. Is this STI?

Dr. Deepti Shukla
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I am a 42-year-old male. Last month, I had unprotected oral sex at the end of a massage session. After that, I almost had four or five massage sessions but had no sex in any way, and the recent episode was yesterday. Today I saw a solid lump on the shaft of my penis. I am very much worried about whether it is STI symptom. On the other hand, I have been suffering from eczema kind of infection on both feet with severe itching for the past one month. I have not taken any treatment for that so far due to the lockdown issue.

#

I went through your history and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It does not look like STD (sexually transmitted disease). This bump on the penis could be steatocystoma or due to scabies infection. Steatocystoma is a benign harmful cyst that can occur on the genitals.

Scabies is a parasitic infection that may occur due to contact with an infected person, and as you have a history of taking massages, so I need to rule out scabies.

I need to ask you a few questions. Do you have itching on lump also? Do you have itching all over the body or only on the feet? Do you have itching on genitals also? Does this itching worsen at night?

See bumps on the penis can occur due to scabies infection as you have itching bumps on the feet also, so it is essential to rule out this infection.

Please revert with answers so I can suggest you diagnosis and treatment.

There is no itching on the lump. Itching is only on the feet and sometimes below the knee. There were some vesicles with some clear fluid between the toes too. There is no itching on the genitals. Yes, the severity of the itching, especially in the early morning is high.

#

These itchy vesicles in web space and itching indicate scabies infection.

Take tablet Ivermectin 12 mg one tablet today at night after dinner, then one tablet after ten days, Fexofenadine 180 mg one tablet daily at night for three weeks. Use 5% permethrin lotion today night all over the body and finish the tube's whole cream at once. Apply and keep it overnight and then take a bath the next morning.

Wash your bedsheets and blankets, clothes in warm water and dry them in the sun or iron them properly. Repeat application of cream after 10 days similarly. Scabies itching will take time to resolve. The infection will get resolved in two weeks, but itching will take atleast four weeks to resolve.

This penis lesion is steatocystoma. It is a kind of cyst that you have to get it removed from a dermatologist. It is not urgent, and it is completely harmless, so after everything safe around, get it removed. There is no effective cream for it.

|