Q. My husband gets repeated episode of dizziness and chest pain. Is it something to go to ER?

Dr. Isaac Gana
Published on Nov 22, 2019

My husband went to the hospital before four days because he felt dizziness and chest pain. They found no troponin and told us his EKG was fine. His bp was 105/70 mmHg in the hospital. The next day we went to a cardiologist and found partial right bundle block and he ordered more tests.

Today we heard that his grandmother had IHSS. We were not aware of this during our appointment with the cardiologist. Today he went to the grocery store and he felt the same dizziness symptoms, though it was not the same degree as before. My concern is whether if this is something to go to ER? His BP 15 minutes after today's syncope event was 123/70 mmHg.

Dr. Isaac Gana

Cardiology
#

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I understand your worries, but there is nothing much to worry about. It is common to have an event of fainting and dizziness, I see often amongst my patients with RBBB (right bundle branch block). RBBB is due to a slow heart rate that is why he is having dizziness often.

You should not worry about going to the ER (emergency room) as his blood pressure and heart rate is normal for now. You should keep monitor of the rates at least every two to three hours. If his symptoms persist with a drop of heart rate below 60 bpm, you should consider taking him to the ER informing them of his present condition. Hope he gets better soon.

| 

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full »

Is it safe to go under anesthesia if I have bifascicular bundle block?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 60 years male. I have a BMI of 33. I have bifascicular bundle block. I take Salbutamol and Fluticasone (Relvar) puffers for asthma, which is lifelong. I have seen my GP and my cardiologist and been cleared for bariatric (gastric band) surgery next week, in order to expedite some ...  Read Full »

Why am I having dizziness and blackout with swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of days now I have been ill and the symptoms are getting worse. First, it started off with a swollen throat (which I still have but is not as bad) which gives me a phlegm cough but has reduced. I constantly have dizziness and blackouts with pulsating sensations not only g...  Read Full »