Q. Why do I have a burning sensation and red sore at the tip of penis?

Dr. Raveendran Sr
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 16, 2019

I have a burning sensation in my penis for a few days. It has been on and off, and I recently noticed a red sore at the tip. I am very clean all the time and with a single partner. I drink a lot of water and stay clean. This appears to be infected, and it burns when I urinate and until I wash the area thoroughly. I am currently on Candid-B.

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

Burning sensation in the tip of the penis can be due to balanitis, and it causes irritation and itching. If there is any growth, it can be due to PPP (pearly penile papules). Also, check for diabetes, and for investigation, you need to do random blood sugar, and a swab of the penis. If Candid-B (Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone) is not working, you can use Lobate GM (Clobetasol) ointment, and tablet Candiforce (Itraconazole) 200 mg once a day for five days.

Please suggest medicine for inner thigh infection.

Query: Hi doctor, Due to excess sweat, I have some infection in my inner thighs. It seems like a layer of skin is out of my testes. It is paining a lot. What shall I use for relief?  Read Full »

Can lower abdominal pain occur after unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, My query is regarding sexually transmitted infection. I had unprotected sex 51 days back. I had mild fever with a very mild burning sensation on my penis for three days after that encounter. I consulted a doctor and she gave five shots of Ceftriaxone for five days. The mild burning ...  Read Full »

Would excess of Amphetamine cause burning sensation of penis?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 15 years ago, I used to take a lot of Amphetamine and used to masturbate a lot. As a result, I caused a huge amount of damage to the penis and it constantly leaked urine. 3 years ago, I plucked up the courage finally to see a urologist, who said that my urethra was red and angry. B...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now