Q. Why do I have a burning sensation and red sore at the tip of penis?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

I have a burning sensation in my penis for a few days. It has been on and off, and I recently noticed a red sore at the tip. I am very clean all the time and with a single partner. I drink a lot of water and stay clean. This appears to be infected, and it burns when I urinate and until I wash the area thoroughly. I am currently on Candid-B.

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

Burning sensation in the tip of the penis can be due to balanitis, and it causes irritation and itching. If there is any growth, it can be due to PPP (pearly penile papules). Also, check for diabetes, and for investigation, you need to do random blood sugar, and a swab of the penis. If Candid-B (Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone) is not working, you can use Lobate GM (Clobetasol) ointment, and tablet Candiforce (Itraconazole) 200 mg once a day for five days.

|