Q. I have burning chest pain with acid reflux and hot flushes. What should I do?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 02, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2020

I have been having chest pain on the left side since a long time. It feels like burning sometimes and at other times it feels like pressure. I feel really tired most of the time and sometimes I feel a little light-headed, nauseous, irritated, and feel like coughing but I cannot. I also get tired mostly after eating. Occasionaly I get acid reflux like the food does not digested and I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I cannot breathe and having heat flashes. What should I do?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetology General Medicine Sonologist Toxicology
#

Hello.

With history, I come to a diagnosis that you have an acid peptic disease (APD). It is a common problem, people face frequently. I would suggest you to take less spicy and peppery food and avoid oily and masala foods. Kindly take plenty of water, vegetables, and green leafy vegetables.

I will give you tablets and take these tablets for 10 days and get back for follow up for further evaluation and management.

Treatment:

1) Tablet Pan-D (Pantoprazole) 1-0-0 (before food).

2) Tablet Rantac 300 (Ranitidine) OD 0-0-1 (before food).

3) Syrup Sucrafil O (Suclralfate) 10 ml 1-1-1 (before food).

|