Q. How long should I wait to get pregnant after C-section?

Answered by Dr. Eeshani Dutta and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on C-section or Conception & Pregnancy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had a C-section eight years ago with my son and a C-section seven months back with my daughter. I am interested in having another child and wanted to plan on coming off of birth control till mid of this year. My doctor said that, in general, they prefer women to have two years between deliveries. My question is, when will my uterus get completely healed and ready to handle the pressure of another pregnancy? If I get pregnant sooner than later, I would be a few months less of the two-year mark.