Q. What causes fatigue, body pain, abdominal pain, and flickering of the upper lips?

Dr. Thiyagarajan T
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I am sending the reports of my sister-in-law. She feels lazy, weak, and has abdominal pain with loose motion, frequent body aches, and flickering of the upper lip at the right side. Her current medications are Ecosprin 75 mg and A to Z multivitamin tablet. She had a hemorrhage in her eye, and the eye specialist wants her to continue taking tablet Ecosprin.We are worried about the high CRP levels in her report.

My queries are as follows;

1) Why does she have a loose motion?

2) What is the reason for her body pain?

3) What can be the cause of her high CRP?

Thanks.

#

I have seen her reports sent by you (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

1) There are no clues in your laboratory report for abdominal pain and irregular motion. For now, I suggest her to take a fiber-rich diet.

2) Body pain, lethargy, twitching of lips are due to low calcium. I suggest her check Vitamin D, B12, folic acid, ionized calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and PTH (parathyroid hormone) levels.

3) CRP (C-reactive protein) is a marker for cardiovascular disease. It helps to decide if somebody needs Aspirin. As she had a possible stroke four years ago and is taking Aspirin already, I recommend her take a small dose of cholesterol medicine. So she can switch from plain Ecosprin (Aspirin) to Ecosprin AV (Atorvastatin and Aspirin) once daily at night after food.

Take care.

As per your advice, we have done the following tests for my sister-in-law and found all reports normal. She had PTH of 11.9 pg/mL, vitamin D 3 of 55.43 ng/mL, vitamin B12 of 343 pg/mL, folate of 10.2 ng/mL, ionic calcium of 1.13 mg/dL, phosphorus of 4.67 mg/dL, magnesium of 2.1 mg/dL. Please advise further. She has pain with a gastric problem in the abdomen. She also has a feeling of weakness.

#

So far, everything that has been checked out is fine. We can try treating her symptomatically. She can try to take tablet Sompraz 40 mg (Esomeprazole) in the daily morning on empty stomach for a month, Ezilugo powder (Ispaghula husk, Inulin, Probiotics blend) one scoop daily for a month, or any Ispaghula husk fiber powder. And kindly go for a walk daily for 30 minutes.

|