Q. Is it bad if my canker sore bleeds on brushing?

Dr. Rakshana Devi

I am a 18-year-old female, and I have been dealing with a canker sore for the past week. The sore does not hurt. When I brushed my teeth this morning, the canker sore started bleeding. I have had canker sores before, and it has never bled. I have been using numbing gel during eating to eliminate the burning sensation.

Kindly help.

#

Usually, oral sores or abscesses have a fluid accumulation. The fluid may be blood or a collection of any other fluids. So, you need not worry. Once the fluid comes out, the sore starts to subside. Kindly attach an intraoral picture to check for the presence of any dental caries, as dental caries also leads to abscess formation. It will take ten days on average for the sore to subside completely. No medications are needed. Kindly take a proper diet, drink more water, consume curd, avoid getting stressed, apply coconut oil, warm water, salt rinse, and use mouth wash.

Kindly follow up with a clinical picture to check for dental caries as the treatment for an abscess with dental caries is different.

Take care

Stress, vitamin deficiency, and dental caries.

Intra oral periapical radiograph.

Periapical abscess.

Proper oral hygiene and diet modification.

Followup with a intraoral picture of your oral cavity.

|