Q. How can I manage my neck and left shoulder pain?

Dr. Dr. Vaishnav Ganesan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 10, 2021

I have neck pain for two days. Now my left shoulder is also paining, and my left arm up to the elbow is slightly paining. If I move my neck to the backside, I am feeling pain.

#

From your history, ou have issues stemming from your neck, and the pain is radiating to the shoulder and left arm. It is characteristic of cervical nerve compression. It will settle down with medication, rest, postural correction, and mild exercise. If possible, try to take an X-ray of the neck (cervical spine) in the AP (anteroposterior) and LAT (lateral) views. It will help in confirming the diagnosis.

I suggest the following:

• Capsule Omeprazole 20 mg once a day for the next three days (30 minutes before food).
  • Tablet Aceclofenac 100 mg once a day for the next three days after food.

Please do not continue the medications on your own without medical advice.

Try to sit erect while working.

Kindly do neck stretching exercises.

You will be fine. Take care.

I would suggest that you come for a review after three days.

Cervical spondylosis.

|