HomeAnswersGeneral Medicinecervical spondylosisHow can we manage cervical nerve compression?

How can I manage my neck and left shoulder pain?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Vaishnav. G.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 2, 2021
Reviewed AtSeptember 4, 2023

Patient's Query

I have neck pain for two days. Now my left shoulder is also paining, and my left arm up to the elbow is slightly paining. If I move my neck to the backside, I am feeling pain.

Answered by Dr. Vaishnav. G.

From your history, ou have issues stemming from your neck, and the pain is radiating to the shoulder and left arm. It is characteristic of cervical nerve compression. It will settle down with medication, rest, postural correction, and mild exercise. If possible, try to take an X-ray of the neck (cervical spine) in the AP (anteroposterior) and LAT (lateral) views. It will help in confirming the diagnosis.

I suggest the following:

1) Capsule Omeprazole 20 mg once a day for the next three days (30 minutes before food).

2) Tablet Aceclofenac 100 mg once a day for the next three days after food.

Please do not continue the medications on your own without medical advice. Try to sit erect while working. Kindly do neck stretching exercises. You will be fine. Take care.

I would suggest that you come for a review after three days.

Probable diagnosis

Cervical spondylosis.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vaishnav. G.
Dr. Vaishnav. G.

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy