Q. I have chest tightness and mucus with acute bronchitis. Can I take Forocort?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

I am 44 years old. I got flu symptoms two years back and after two weeks of slight chest pain. So my doctor prescribed Foracort 200 with Montair LC. Then in a few days, I got cured. Now, I have chest tightness and mucus but not much cough, no fever, and no running nose. It is looking like a flu cold followed by acute bronchitis. With home remedies, it is getting easier but still, mucus exists thus tightness of chest and throat periodically though not severe. It is there for around 10 days. I am a diabetic on Insulin. Can I use Forocort 200? If so, how many days and dose? Please advise.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetology General Medicine Sonologist Toxicology
#

With history, I would suggest a few medicines for cold.

Treatment:

1) Tablet. Augmentin 625 1-0-1 X 5 days.

2) Tablet Pulmoclear 1-0-1 X 5 days.

3) Tablet Montek-LC 0-0-1 X 3 days.

4) Foracort 200 twice daily for 10 days and you can stop.

Kindly take the medicines and get back for follow up.

| 

I had finished one course of Augmentin before 9 days back and Levocetirizine for 4 days. But improvement is there but not yet cleared. So I thought of Forocort. Should I repeat with Montair LC and Forocort without antibiotics? I do not have a fever.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

#

I would suggest another antibiotic because you said you still have a little amount of problem. You can take Montek LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) and Foracort (Formoterol fumarate and Budesonide). Kindly take the below tablets also for five days.

1) Tablet. Mahacef plus 1-0-1 X 5 days.

2) Tablet Pantocid 1-0-0 (before food) X 5 days.

Kindly take these tablets along with Montek LC and Foracort. You will be fine in a couple of days.

|