Q. I am getting moving chest and back pain with sore throat and abdominal pain. Why?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2020

I am a 33-year-old male. I feel pain in my chest as well as back (not on a fixed place, it was moving pain), sore and bad before 25 days. After a few days, I had a cough during the night. Then I consulted a doctor and he prescribed me the following medicines.

Augmentin 625 twice daily, Montair LC once daily, Tayo 60 K once a week, Vitamin C twice a day. After eight days I was normal. But it started again after two days. Then he recommended the same for the next seven days. After five days, again I was normal.

But after two days I feel pain in my abdomen (center only). Then I stop taking the medicine and after two days I was normal. Since last night, I am feeling again moving pain in the chest and back. And sore throat and pain in the abdomen. Today I tried for an x-ray but no one was ready without prescription. But I have a report for LFT. Please help.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from chest and back pain which is moving in nature and not fixed with a sore throat and abdominal pain since last night. You had a cough at night and on medications now for that. You had a similar episode three months before too.

According to your description, you are suffering from acid reflux and asthma. Acid reflux occurs when acid travels up the food pipe to the mouth. This can happen when the muscle at the bottom of the food pipe which acts as a gateway to the stomach becomes weak or loose. Heartburn is a burning sensation in the chest or abdomen and it has nothing do with the heart. People feel heartburn behind the breast bone after eating. In some cases, pain can be felt in the back as well. So symptoms of heartburn caused by acid reflux include a burning sensation in the chest, a sour taste in the mouth and pain in the middle of the back.

You can take syrup Gaviscon, Domperidone (thrice daily before each meal) with Lansoprazole (once daily before meal) and you should always remember that your acid reflux may worsen the asthma condition.

|