Q. I am getting moving chest and back pain with sore throat and abdominal pain. Why?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2020

I am a 33-year-old male. I feel pain in my chest as well as back (not on a fixed place, it was moving pain), sore and bad before 25 days. After a few days, I had a cough during the night. Then I consulted a doctor and he prescribed me the following medicines.

Augmentin 625 twice daily, Montair LC once daily, Tayo 60 K once a week, Vitamin C twice a day. After eight days I was normal. But it started again after two days. Then he recommended the same for the next seven days. After five days, again I was normal.

But after two days I feel pain in my abdomen (center only). Then I stop taking the medicine and after two days I was normal. Since last night, I am feeling again moving pain in the chest and back. And sore throat and pain in the abdomen. Today I tried for an x-ray but no one was ready without prescription. But I have a report for LFT. Please help.

Dr. Zubayeralam

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from chest and back pain which is moving in nature and not fixed with a sore throat and abdominal pain since last night. You had a cough at night and on medications now for that. You had a similar episode three months before too.

According to your description, you are suffering from acid reflux and asthma. Acid reflux occurs when acid travels up the food pipe to the mouth. This can happen when the muscle at the bottom of the food pipe which acts as a gateway to the stomach becomes weak or loose. Heartburn is a burning sensation in the chest or abdomen and it has nothing do with the heart. People feel heartburn behind the breast bone after eating. In some cases, pain can be felt in the back as well. So symptoms of heartburn caused by acid reflux include a burning sensation in the chest, a sour taste in the mouth and pain in the middle of the back.

You can take syrup Gaviscon, Domperidone (thrice daily before each meal) with Lansoprazole (once daily before meal) and you should always remember that your acid reflux may worsen the asthma condition.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Why is there mild chest pain although it is not a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. T...  Read Full »

Is surgery recommended for nasal polyps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 59 years old. I have asthma for five years and taking Seretide for that. Over the last few months, I have been having serious allergy problems (sneezing, runny nose) and for some time I lost my sense of smell but it seems it is getting back after I started taking some steroids (S...  Read Full »

What is the reason for heart burn for four months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old male having daily heartburn running for more than four months. Currently, having Omeprazole and Domperidone.  Read Full »

Ask a Pulmonologist Now