Q. What does ECG taken for chest pain indicate?

Dr. Randeep Singla

I went to the doctors with four bouts of chest pain. Lasted under a minute each time. The pain went into the left arm. The doctor ordered ECG. No breathlessness, unless exercising. Can you please review and provide feedback on a recent ECG?

#

Significant findings in ECG are:

1. Early repolarization in V5 and V6. This is a normal finding at your age.

2. Deep S wave in lead V3. This can suggest left ventricular hypertrophy (by Cornell voltage criteria). However, there are no other changes in ECG to suggest LVH and deep S wave can sometimes be seen normally in young people.

You can get echocardiography to remove any doubt regarding LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy).

Echocardiography.

|