Q. When can I get my second dose of the COVID vaccine after recovering from a COVID infection?

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

It would help if you interpret my chest x-ray and give your opinion on the results. And also, I wanted to know if I could get my second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Thanks.

#

Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have recently done a chest x-ray as well as ECG (electrocardiogram), and you want to know the interpretation of both.

According to the test report that is provided here, only ECG is available (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). There is no chest x-ray film or report. Your ECG is normal. But I cannot tell anything about your chest x-ray as I have not seen it yet. According to your statement, as you are totally free from the COVID-19 (CoronavirusDisease-2019) infection and have already completed the quarantine and isolation period, you can get your second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in the due time.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached the x-ray results in the zip file. Please give your opinion on it.

Thanks.

#

Your chest x-ray seems to be normal and there is no abnormal findings. But, if you have any respiratory complications, then you can undergo HRCT (high-resolution computed tomography) of chest as HRCT of chest is the gold standard test for COVID-19 infected patient to rule out the lung condition. As your chest x-ray is normal and as you are free from any respiratory complications, you can get your second dose of the COVID vaccine in due time.

Take care.

|