Q. Is it normal to have a piece of dry skin in the center of the nipple?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

Is it normal to have a piece of dry skin in the center of the nipple? I was just able to pick it out. My last mammogram was normal, which was taken six months before.

#

Thanks for trusting us about your health care. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. Your symptoms are suggestive of eczematous dermatitis. You can keep the area dry and clean, apply steroid ointment over it and use vitamin E capsules. Are you having some other symptoms along with this? Hope to hear from you soon. I hope that the information is found useful. Feel free to ask for more information. Good luck. Regards.

I do not have any other symptoms. I just noticed something white, which remained solid in the center of the nipple. So assumed that it was dry skin as long as it was not serious. Thank you.

#

With your description, it seems to be dry skin. As you do not have any other associated symptoms, there is no need to worry about it. Kindly share images (if you feel comfortable). Hope to hear from you soon. Regards.

I just wanted to make sure whether it is normal to get a piece of dry skin right in the center of the nipple as I was able to pick it out.

#

Yes, it is normal. Are you bleeding from that area after removing the skin? Any pain? How does it look? Red? If there are no other symptoms, then you should not worry about them. It is a normal finding in your case. Hope found useful. Regards.

|