Q. My wife has itching on exposed areas for the past one year. Kindly suggest solution.

Answered by
Dr. Ankush Gupta
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2020

Hello doctor,

My wife has been having itching on her body for the past one year. Itching subsides with Allegra 120. She is taking this medicine for the last one year. Mostly, she gets itching on the area which is not covered by clothes. Skin becomes red when she scratches it. I am attaching the picture.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

She is allergic. The allergy can be due to food, sunlight, pollens, soap, moisturizer, or powder. So she can be allergic to anything.

As you mentioned that only areas that are not covered by clothes are affected, which points to photosensitivity which is an allergy to sunlight. It can be an allergy to something else as well. It is very difficult to say only on the basis of history. I would suggest to look for any particular food if she develops itching after eating something. Change soap, moisturizer, and powder. Cover the whole body while going out which will protect if she is allergic to sunlight.

You can also go for skin allergy testing which will confirm the diagnosis. Take tablet Montair LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) whenever she has itching. Stop Allegra. It is basically prevention from allergens she is allergic to. You can find it by yourself by closely watching or go for skin allergy testing.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have rashes in my upper legs and butt after intercourse. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 yr old female of Indian descent. I have no history of any chronic disease, and I am currently taking no medication. Yesterday morning I woke up with rashes all over my upper legs and butt. The night before I had sex with my fiance and afterward I did not take a shower. The on...  Read Full »

I have runny nose and watery eyes for many years. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have a runny nose and watery eyes. It is there for many years. It is like some allergy and I keep sneezing. When I take Montelukast tablets, it gets fine. But I do not like to take medicines every day.  Read Full »

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Diabetologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.