Q. My sinus problem has increased in the last few months. Please help.

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 07, 2020
I’ve had sinus issues on/off for the better part of a year. Previously it would only randomly flare-up 20-25% of the day with both nostrils being fully clogged but return normal the rest of the day. The occurrence rate has greatly increased in the last few months. The last 3-4 days have been terrible, constant pressure, and headache with additional pain in my cheek and jaw. Previously I would occasionally also get a yeasty smell when my sinuses would flare up, this is near-constant now. Currently only taking typical cold medicine with decongestant but have also tried Flonase in the past with no improvement.
#

Hello, Welcome to icliniq, As per your history it seem you are suffering from Rhinosinusitis, Rhinosinusitis is the inflammation of the mucosa of the nose and paranasal sinuses. Most common symptoms includes frontal headache, facial fullness, Nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, Post nasal drip,Hyposmia, decrease in concentration and difficulty in sleeping with waking up tried. For now take following medication 1)Tab Amoxicillin 500mg po 3 times a day for 7 days 2)Nasal spray mometasone furoate 1 puff in each nostril 2 times a day for 2 weeks 3)Tab Levocetrizine 5 mg po od at night for 7 days Take steam inhalation 2 times a day Avoid dust and cold Hope this will help you Thank you

| 

What is the reason for continuous post nasal drip and sore throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my ears, nose, and throat. From last year, I am having a continuous post-nasal drip and a very sore throat. I tried taking over-the-counter antihistamines and mucus thinner, but they did not help. I also have clicking in my ear. My voice kind of muffles in my le...  Read Full »

I am suffering from blocked and running nose inspite of having medicines. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from blocked nose and continues running nose since yesterday. Yellow plam coming out with cough with little pain in the center bone. Now consumed Deflazacort tablet and using Otrizon drops yet no relief.  Read Full »

I am having sinus infection and bad smell from nose. What can this be?

Query: Hello doctor, I had been having a sinus infection for four months. My doctor has tried everything. Now I have a bad smell coming out my nose. What can that be?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»