HomeAnswersInfertilityclomipheneWhat Clomid dose is recommended for a 42-year-old with AMH of 0.35?

What Clomid dose is recommended for a 42-year-old with AMH of 0.35?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 25, 2018
Reviewed AtJanuary 5, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I would like to know what dose of Clomifene citrate (Clomid) would you recommend for a 42-year-old with an AMH of 0.35?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I suggest apart from FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone) you do blood tests TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and prolactin.

Clomifene is started at 50 mg daily for five days. If ovulation does not occur then the dose can be increased to 100 mg daily for five days. It is always advisable to start at the minimum dose.

For more information consult an infertility specialist online.

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Thank you for the reply.

My prolactin is 620 and TSH is 5. What would you recommend me in this case?


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Your TSH is normal but prolactin is high. It should not be more than 30 ng/mL. If you are taking any medicine then it may be due to the effect of that but still at 620 it is too high, or is it given in different units?

In that case, please refer to the reference value in your reports. If high, you will need further tests and steps to get treated for hyperprolactinemia before taking Clomiefne (Clomid).

For further queries consult an infertility specialist online.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy