Q. If my period is on 9th, when will I ovulate?

Dr. Sharmila Naik
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2021

If my period ends on the 9th of the month,  when do I ovulate for me to get pregnant? I think I am having unprotected sex at the wrong time. I do not know the right time. My period always skips two days each month. I am also taking prenatal vitamins to help me get pregnant

#

There are many important factors for a pregnancy to get established, like a favourable endometrium along with not only the proper timing of coitus.

Also, prenatal vitamins will prevent any congenital disabilities in the baby and do not help to get pregnant. Do continue them.

Alternatively, you can start taking LH (luteinizing hormone) kit test. Dip it in the urine to check for ovulation from day 12 to 16 of the cycle. Take the first day of periods into reference as day 1.

• You can get your temperature checking done daily as a first thing in the morning with an oral thermometer for a month. During ovulation, temperature rises 0.5°C so that you can make your time with your partner.
  • It increases the chance of pregnancy, but again it does not guarantee as there are other factors to have a favourable pregnancy like a receptive endometrium for implantation.
  • You are 19 years of age and nothing to worry as fertility is high until the early 20s. So, sooner or later you will have a pregnancy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|