Q. My wife has a retroverted uterus, adenomyosis, and polycystic ovaries. Can she conceive naturally?

Dr. Meeta Airen

My 36 year old wife was just diagnosed with a retroverted uterus, adenomyosis, and polycystic ovaries, which are causing her severe pain. The first gynecologist told her to go on contraceptive pills for two months to rest the uterus and identify the pain, but she said that her ovaries are fine. The second gynecologist yesterday mentioned that her ovary walls are thick and there is no ovulation. During the visit to the first doctor and before that, none of them mentioned that her ovary walls are thick. After about a week of taking contraceptive pills, a different doctor the above three diagnoses. Does contraceptive pills thicken the ovary wall? The second doctor recommended to go for a key hole surgery and then try to conceive naturally or directly go for IVF. I would like to know if there are our only options. Or is there a natural way to solve this by maybe medication to soften the ovary walls and get the cycle to be regular again? Please advise. Thank you.

#

• No, contraceptive pills cannot cause ovarian thickening. Your wife's age is 36, at which ovarian egg reserve is reduced. But, it can be determined only by doing serum AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone) and day-2 scan.
  • If she has polycystic ovaries, then it cannot be less. You may require going for keyhole surgery if PCOS is there. But for IVF (in vitro fertilization), I want to know all your other reports and also AMH report to guide you further.

Revert with more information to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|