Q. What should be my ideal weight during 27 weeks of pregnancy?

Dr. Roli Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

I am 27 weeks pregnant. Anomaly scan, double marker and 3D scan are done and perfect. Tetanus vaccine was done. Any test or vaccine required during 24 to 28 weeks duration as I will be out of station and will return after 15 days? I will enter in 29 weeks by the time I visit the doctor. My prescription is attached here for reference. Please reply in detail.

#

I have gone through your prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Kindly get the following investigations done. GCT (glucose tolerance test) 2 hours after 75 g glucose, Hb (hemoglobin) and urine routine and microscopy.
  • Get your blood pressure and weight checked once in these 15 days and continue your medicines.
  • Do you feel fetal movements? Please get a routine obstetric ultrasonography done after you return.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Yes, I feel fetal movements. Is there any vaccination during 24 to 28 weeks? Can I get those tests after my trip? I feel cramps in the leg, especially during the night. Can you suggest any tablet or any other solution for that? What should be my ideal weight during this time (pregnancy 27 weeks)?

#

• No vaccine is required now, and these tests are needed to be done before 28 weeks of pregnancy.
  • For cramps, I suggest Evion LC (Vitamin E) once daily for one month.
  • In 27 weeks of pregnancy, there should be a weight gain of 3 kg to 5 kg from pre-pregnancy weight.

|