Q. What could be the reason for pain in the middle of the chest?

Dr. C Elanchezhian
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I am getting pain in the middle of my chest when I put pressure on it such as while sleeping when I suddenly wake up or turn around. Why?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Costochondritis is the most common cause of sternum pain. It occurs when the cartilage between the sternum and ribs becomes inflamed and irritated. Try the following methods.

1. Ice pack to your chest. 2. You can take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. Limit your movement and avoid any heavy lifting. If still pain persists, then go for investigation.

| 

I have a burning chest pain which improves when I stand. Is it costochondritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old female. I have a BMI of 17. I am a recovering eating disorder patient and also suffer from GERD, GAD, and low BP (105/60). I saw a cardio two years ago and cleared. I developed a burning, sharp chest pain (more intense than normal GERD pain), in the upper-left stern...  Read Full »

I have pain in chest radiating to face, arm and neck. How to solve this?

Query: Hi doctor, I had pain in my left chest area may be twenty times in last years. Ongoing to hospitals and doctors ruled out heart problem called costochondritis. What are the very best recommended ways to solve this problem? The last episode lasted some three days ago. Episodes last for hours. I need...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of hip pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from hip pain in the lower back region. It is behind the buttock bone on the left side. As I twist my upper body towards the right side or just bend down front and move little to the right side there is pain. I am suffering from it for almost five months and still, the ...  Read Full »