Q. My 16-year-old daughter's fever is not coming below 101°F, and my whole family has a fever. What could it be?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

My wife and I have had a fever with cold and cough for three days. After taking tablet Dolo 650 mg, the temperature is now between 98.5 °F to 100 °F. My daughter, who is 16-years-old developed a fever of 104 °F since yesterday night, after giving tablet Dolo 650 mg three times in four-hour intervals, her temperature is not coming below 101 °F.

Please help.

#

I have read your concern in detail and understand it.

I suspect you have got COVID; I suggest the three of you get an RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) test done to rule out COVID infection. Please isolate yourselves from other people who are not experiencing any symptoms and start taking the following medications in the dose and duration as mentioned,

1)Tablet Nicip (Nimesulide) 100 mg twice a day for three days.

2)Tablet Mahacef-CV 200 (Cefixime 200 mg and Clavulanic acid 125 mg) twice a day for five days.

3)Tablet Medrol (Methylprednisolone) 4 mg twice a day for three days followed by once a day for three days.

4)Tablet Dazit M (Desloratadine 5 mg and Montelukast 10 mg) once a day at night.

5)Tablet Sinarest (Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2 mg, Paracetamol 500 mg, and Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 10 mg) twice a day for three days.

6)Foracort Inhaler 400 (Formoterol 6 mcg and Budesonide 400 mcg) two puffs twice a day for five days.

Please monitor your oxygen saturation levels (level of oxygen in the blood, which should typically be 95 % to 100 %); if it goes below 95 %, seek medical help immediately.

Kindly revert with your RT-PCR reports.

|