Q. I have a little fever with no history of foreign travel or contact. What is the chance of Covid-19?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

I am suffering from coughing, throat infection from last week. At that time fever did not persist and also did not felt any chest pain. Two days later, I consulted with a doctor. He prescribed Cavidur 625, Montek LC, Ambrolite syrup and Betaline gargle solution. Since then throat infection improved and frequent cough also coming out. Coughing also improved remarkably though not completely. From yesterday onwards fever is occuring (maximum 100-degree Celcius). I have not come in touch with any foreign returned person nor went outside. In our state, there is no incidence of Covid-19. Please suggest what to do?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I can understand your concern.

In my opinion, you should get done a chest x-ray and CBC (complete blood count). If both these are normal then no need to worry much.

| 

After doing all these I can upload all for further query.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

#

Yes, upload in this query only. I will see and revert to you.

| 

As per your guidelines, I have made one test. Due to city shutdown, I could not able to make an x-ray of chest. Fever is coming every 12 hours. But cough does not persist currently. The only problem is a fever. I am uploading the blood examination report. Please advice.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

#

I can understand your concern. I have gone through the report you have attached. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your total count is on the higher side of normal along with low hemoglobin. So start Azithromycin 500 mg 1-0-0, Tablet Dolo 650 1-0-1. Once your fever and cough subside, start an Iron tablet for low hemoglobin.

| 

How many tablets of Azithromycin to be taken? Is it in the morning? I want to make you know that I have already taken Azithromycin five days before. Should she start it? And also can I start an Iron tablet today itself?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

#

Yes, you can take iron tablet from today onwards. And no need for Azithromycin now as you have already taken it. Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated. Do warm water gargles and steam inhalation four to five times a day.

| 

My cough lasted only for a week and the doctor says it is tuberculosis.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, There is parenchymal infiltrate on the right upper lobe of my lung. My doctor said that I have a ptb3, which looks like a serious stage of tuberculosis. I was shocked because I never had a cough since September. Before the month of September, my cough lasted only for a week and then su...  Read Full »

I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Is this pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Also getting a mild fever again and again. I also have a chest X-ray done today only. Please suggest is it pneumonia and if yes how severe is it?  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »