Q. I have an odd sensation in the shoulders and head with CMV in lab work. Kindly help.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 18, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 18, 2021

When I try to go to sleep every night, this horrible gas has disturbed my immune system, and some solid-like comes up from my shoulder area to the right side of my head and attacks me all night long. I am exhausted from it all. I believe it is a virus. Lab work found I have an aggressive Epstein-Barr and aggressive CMV (cytomegalovirus). I am seeking inferon alpha low dose pills and Ganciclovir.

#

Such a weird sensation can be due to parasitic infection only, and as you mentioned, you have a previous history of insect bites. So most probably it is due to that only. I would suggest you continue with the antiviral therapy you are currently taking.

And along with that, you can take tablet Paracetamol 500 mg once a day after meal for three days, tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once a day before meal for three days. And please send me reports of lab tests you performed to go through and prescribe medicine accordingly.

What dosage of Gancyclovir are you taking currently? And how many times a day? Please let me know.

Viral infection.

CBC. PCR for Cytomegalovirus.

Epstein-Barr virus.

Cytomegalovirus.

Ganciclovir.

|