Q. Can I conceive at the age of 34?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 04, 2020

I am 34 years old and trying to conceive. My report showed AMH 162, TSH 2.03 and prolactin 31.50. Can I get pregnant? I am also taking Clomid tablet in the first 4 days of the cycle.

#

• TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and prolactin levels are fine, but your AMH anti-mullerian hormone value of 1.62 is slightly on the lower side.
  • At the age of 34, if you ovulate properly with good patent fallopian tubes and husband's semen analysis is normal, then the chance of getting pregnant with such situation could be around 10%.

For further information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

How about going for IUI in this instance?

#

• It will improve your chance of getting pregnant to around 15%.

| 

We are undergoing infertility treatment.Will this treatment cause birth defects in our child?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 24 years old and she has PCOD. We have been trying to conceive for the past 2 years, but no result. We went to infertility specialist six months ago. He started the treatment through medicines and one IUI. But, all the treatments failed. Then, he decided to go for IVF....  Read Full »

Can you interpret my semen analysis reports in layman terms?

Query: Hello doctor,Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the lab, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I have attach...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now