Intra Uterine Insemination

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having seen your PCOS reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggested that you should opt for controlled ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination procedure. It will increase your chance of conception by 20 percent as it would r...  Read Full »

What is the success rate of home insemination?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know what the best method to be followed to get pregnant is?  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen younreports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Infertility may be due to many reasons. Several tests of both partners are done including but not limited to semen analysis, blood tests, ultrasound. Depending on the reports treatment is de...  Read Full »

Can we opt for IUI or ICSI to conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife and myself have been married for one year and seven months. We started regular coitus about eight months ago for at least two to three times per week. Her cycle occurs every month, but ranges between 26 to 29 days. We are unable to conceive. Her hormonal profile and pelvic US are ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I feel you and your wife have a good chance of conception with IUI (intrauterine insemination). However, I would like to suggest you get your wife's tubes tested by means of a hysterosalping...  Read Full »

Can a 34 year old conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old and trying to conceive. My report showed AMH 162, TSH 2.03 and prolactin 31.50. Can I get pregnant? I am also taking Clomid tablet in the first 4 days of the cycle.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and prolactin levels are fine, but your AMH anti-mullerian hormone value of 1.62 is slightly on the lower side. At the age of 34, if you ovulate properly with good patent fallopian tubes and husband's semen analysis is normal, then the ch...  Read Full »

Should we opt for IUI or IVF?

Query: Hi doctor, We have been trying to conceive for the past one year. But, we are failing due to thyroid and low motility sperm issue. We had a medical test and required your opinion on the report. Please suggest whether we can go IUI or IVF. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your semen analysis report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is evident that you have astheno-teratozoospermia with chronic bacterial infection and it is the reason for poor motility and increased pus cells. You should ideally be taking a cours...  Read Full »

I have PCOS. Will IVF help me get pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have PCOS and have been trying to conceive for four months. My gynecologist put me on 500 mg of Metformin thrice a day and 10 day cycle of Medroxyprogesterone at the beginning of each month to force ovulation. The medication is working exactly as it should. I get my p...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. Please, do not be so hard on her. I am sure it is not that she is not interested in diagnosing or treating you. However, you can wait for some more time before straight away jumping for IVF (in vitro fertilization). Patients with (p...  Read Full »

How successful is IUI?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a first IUI one week ago. The egg was to rupture on the same day. Egg size was 22.5 mm and endometrium size 6.6.mm. Also, for the past one month, I am taking oral Susten 300. How much chance is there for successful implantation?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The protocol has been rightly addressed with IUI (intrauterine insemination) at 22 mm follicle size. The follicle would have ruptured in the next 12 to 16 hours. Hence, the sperms were already present prior to that (which can stay alive for 72 hours in the female repro...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get pregnant by home insemination after bleeding for a while during ovulation?

Query: Hello doctor, My periods was two weeks late. Since I have irregular periods I was not shocked. I ended up taking an ovulation test that came back saying I was in my peak and hours later I got my period. However, I still went through with my insemination and the next day my period was gone. Is it po...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bleeding you have experienced may not be due to your period at all. As your ovulation kit suggested that you are at your peak, it means your ovulation was due at any moment. Many a time during the release of the egg there is bleeding. As the egg is released, th...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get pregnant without penetration?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask you can I get pregnant without penetration or inserting? As I am not comfortable and I am scared to get STD, genital herpes? Even I read masturbating leads to impotecy and infertility. Can I get pregnant on my ovulation time (with clothes) just by stimulating or getting ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, WeIcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for your symptoms. Direct penetration is the normal way of sex. Normal sex release serotonin and oxytocin. Happy and trust hormone which is very important in building relationship. If you are not allowing your male partner for normal sex or...  Read Full »

I am trying for baby for the past four years. Why have I not conceived even after taking many medications?

Query: Hello doctor, We are trying for baby from the past four years but we did not get any fruitful result even we took many medications. Can you please guide us?  Read Full »

Dr. Alison A. Rodriguez

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are often many reasons why a couple cannot conceive. I did not see a semen analysis in your query or laboratory results (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If this has not been done, that would be the next step. If this has been done and is normal...  Read Full »