Intra Uterine Insemination

Is it possible to get pregnant by home insemination after bleeding for a while during ovulation?

Query: Hello doctor, My periods was two weeks late. Since I have irregular periods I was not shocked. I ended up taking an ovulation test that came back saying I was in my peak and hours later I got my period. However, I still went through with my insemination and the next day my period was gone. Is it po...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bleeding you have experienced may not be due to your period at all. As your ovulation kit suggested that you are at your peak, it means your ovulation was due at any moment. Many a time during the release of the egg there is bleeding. As the egg is released, th...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get pregnant without penetration?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask you can I get pregnant without penetration or inserting? As I am not comfortable and I am scared to get STD, genital herpes? Even I read masturbating leads to impotecy and infertility. Can I get pregnant on my ovulation time (with clothes) just by stimulating or getting ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, WeIcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for your symptoms. Direct penetration is the normal way of sex. Normal sex release serotonin and oxytocin. Happy and trust hormone which is very important in building relationship. If you are not allowing your male partner for normal sex or...  Read Full »

I am trying for baby for the past four years. Why have I not conceived even after taking many medications?

Query: Hello doctor, We are trying for baby from the past four years but we did not get any fruitful result even we took many medications. Can you please guide us?  Read Full »

Dr. Alison A. Rodriguez

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are often many reasons why a couple cannot conceive. I did not see a semen analysis in your query or laboratory results (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If this has not been done, that would be the next step. If this has been done and is normal...  Read Full »

My sperm count is zero. Can I go ahead with ICSI?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an issue of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. Due to that my sperm count was zero. As per my doctor's advice, I am taking HCG 5000 and HMG 150 weekly twice over the last 12 months. I took semen analysis test at two centers and it shows sperm production has started. I shared the result ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The semen sample given by you has been taken eight days back and had pus cells. But, the one taken three days back was not. If we can another semen culture to know whether there is any infection, then it would be better. As the count being too low and mostly all sperms...  Read Full »

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having seen your PCOS reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggested that you should opt for controlled ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination procedure. It will increase your chance of conception by 20 percent as it would r...  Read Full »

Can an HIV positive person marry an HIV negative?

Query: Hello doctor, Can an HIV positive person marry an HIV negative?  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answer to your query is yes, an HIV-positive person can marry an HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) negative. A majority of the countries have no legal objections against marriage, although a few have a law to declare your HIV status to the partner. When the HIV-i...  Read Full »

Are there any risks involved with IUI?

Query: Hi doctor, What is IUI? My physician asked us to go for it apart from trying the natural process. Are there any complications involved in it?  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IUI is intrauterine insemination. The doctor will place the semen inside your uterine cavity in an artificial way by using a cannula. This technique is called IUI. It is usually done in male factor infertility or cervical factors or when stimulation of follicles h...  Read Full »

Despite ovulation induction, I did not get pregnant. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. My height is 5'1" and my weight is 61 kg. I am a bit overweight. I have pcod problem. I got married 2 years back and I cannot get pregnant. I had Clomid and hCG injections twice. Both were failed. But, doctor said that my egg growth is good. I have attached my hormon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hormone reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) submitted are normal and the ultrasound seems fine. But, as there is no detail about the sizes of follicles reached during both cycles of ovulation induction it is difficult to make a comment here. Ho...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Aspirin after 30 weeks of pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in my 25th week of pregnancy which is post IUI. I am also a thyroid patient and on Thyroxine. I am taking Aspirin ASA 50 mg, calcium and protein supplements in the form of tablet and syrup. I am taking capsule MCBM DHA for Folic Acid. I would like to get your valuable advice on the f...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, I understand that you are a thyroid patient and have had an IUI (intrauterine insemination) pregnancy. Hence, you would have been started on Aspirin ASA 50 (Acetylsalicylic Acid), Folic Acid and Progesterone support during your first trimester. Then, ...  Read Full »

Do subserous fibroids affect fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I am trying to conceive. Three subserosal fibroids and left fallopian tube is pulled up with adhesions. My husband's semen analysis was reported as asthenoteratozoospermia. Please help us.  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Subserous fibroids do not affect fertility. What is the position of right tube? Was it diagnosed by HSG (hysterosalpingogram) or laparoscopy? Please upload full semen report for further management. Revert back with detailed history and reports to an infertility specialis...  Read Full »