Q. Why was I prescribed with Folic acid, Glycomet and Oosure for delayed period?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

I am a 29 year old female. I am trying to conceive for the past one year. Four months back, my period was delayed for 12 days, and so I got a consultation. My doctor advised me to take Folic acid, Oosure and Glycomet without any medical test like an ultrasound, etc. She told to continue them for three months. This is my last month and this month also my periods delayed for 13 days. Today, I got my periods with vomiting sensations. Why? Can I still be pregnant?

#

• Your doctor started medicine on the basis of your delayed periods and considering it as PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). That is why Glycomet (Metformin) and Oosure.
  • You must get yourself investigated and confirm the reason for delay. As for now since 13 days are over, you should have done a urine for pregnancy test. If not done then get a scan done, which will tell you the reason for delay, whether pregnancy or it will show if polycystic ovaries.
  • Moreover, since it will be on day 2 of cycle and it will guide your gynecologist about the number of follicles in the ovary.
  • If the scan is fine, then I will advise you to get yourself investigated for conceiving, including your husband's semen examination.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|