Q. My pregnancy test is negative but missed this month periods. What should I do now?

Dr. Sangeeta Milap

I am 21 years old. My periods are getting delayed. Normally it happens between 2-4th of every month, but this time it has not turned up yet. I am feeling cramps in my lower abdomen sometimes but still, it is not happening. I did a pregnancy test also today morning but it is negative. Why it is happening so I am worried about it and stressed because I had protected sex on the 26th of last month but like this delay does not usually happen. What can I do? Please help.

#

If your pregnancy test is negative, take tablet Meprate one tablet twice a day for five days. You will get your periods in a week to ten days. Also, please get an ultrasonography of lower abdomen and pelvis, a blood test to rule out PCOD.

Why should I take ultrasonography? I never had PCOD or other issues then why is it being delayed? Is it normal?

#

Ultrasonography is to see the uterus tubes and ovaries.

I did the ultra sound.

#

I have seen the ultrasound (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You have polycystic ovaries more in the right ovary. Good we got an ultrasound done. So, I will start treatment for you. Start Meprate (Medroxyprogesterone Acetate) as advised. Once you have your periods from the third day start tablet Yasmin (Ethinylestradiol) once a day for 21 days and then stop for seven days. During these seven days you will have your periods. After that on the eighth day again start tablet Yasmin for 21 days. Repeat this for six cycles. Get back to me after a week or ten days.

Any other way is available other than this? And is this anything serious? Do I need to worry about the cyst? Can you please explain to me what is happening?

#

Please do not worry. If you have any concerns with what I have suggested earlier, let us schedule an audio/video consultation and I can explain to you things in detail.

|