Q. I feel one front tooth is rotated, even after orthodontic treatment. Please help.

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

I had orthodontic treatment and was wearing braces for two years. I am not happy with the treatment because I can see the one front tooth is slightly longer than the other one, as well as rotated. My orthodontist says that she does not see it. She says that when looking from the inside, the teeth look like they are perfectly placed together. It bothers me, and I wonder if you believe it could be aligned, either by wearing braces again or if it could have been fixed by using the elastics, which I never had during my last therapy.

Thank you in advance.

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentistry Naturopathy Orthodontist
#

I went through your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and through your doubt. In your images, it appears to me as minor variation or difference in the position of two front teeth, but I cannot be sure without a clinical examination. It looks such a minor variation that it should not bother you at this moment. But if it still bothers you, then it should be checked clinically and can be corrected.

You can get it corrected by wearing braces again. Elastics alone or wearing them now will not solve the problem. So, I advise you to discuss with your orthodontist again and have a clinical checkup done for your doubt and get it treated if required.

For any further help, you are welcome.

|