iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDentistrydental cariesMy lower tooth has a hole near the gum line. Please help.

Can I fix hole in bottom tooth without going to the dentist?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At August 27, 2018
Reviewed AtFebruary 23, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My bottom tooth has a kind of a hole at the gum line. I do not know. When I breathe in, it feels cold like the air went in my tooth. It just does not seem or feel normal. Also, on my upper front tooth, I have some kind of deep line. An example like when you make a line in the sand and it flows into the line but it still stays. It is hard to explain. Is there any way I can fix this without going to the dentist? And yes, I do brush my teeth daily.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

As per your history, you have having class 5 dental cavity in the lower tooth. You need to do a filling (restoration) of the tooth as soon as possible. If you do not take measures at this time you may need RCT (root canal treatment) which will be 10 to 20 expensive and not as successful as filling. On your upper tooth, the line I understand is the gingival recession with abrasion, if you are right-handed it must be on the left side or the side you keep your teeth brushing continuously. For this, you only need to use an ultrasoft toothbrush and check the video for the modified Bass technique for tooth brushing. Also, brush your teeth twice daily and keep the brush time to two to three minutes only.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy