Q. I was betrayed by someone and now I have trust issues. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 29, 2019

Hello doctor,

I was badly betrayed by a person whom I dearly loved and trusted. It happened three years back, but still fresh in memory. I have lost trust and not interested to meet new people. I used to trust people easily, I bond with people easily, I did not even know there are bad people. Now I am very much alert. I could not bond with people at all.

I have lost interest in everything. I did not easily lose my cool before, especially with my kids. But now I get irritable quite easily with my family members and kids. During those days of betrayal, I cried, cried and cried every single minute of waking hours. Lost 20 kg in 3.4 months. Got thyroid problem and dry mouth. Now I am with dry mouth always. I have gone hard heartened, lost interest. I have done a few achievements, got lucky a few times. Never felt even a little bit of happiness about it. Read a lot about NPD and distanced myself well away from that person. But thoughts keep coming back. No contact in anyways in the last three years. I wish my life ends fast. All I request is some mood improving medicines. I want my old self back. The jolly person, the smiling face, trusting nature. I want all of them back.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

The symptoms are indicating that you are suffering from severe depression and it is better that you get yourself treated as an inpatient because of thought of self-harm. Also, check your thyroid hormone levels again and see if that is within the normal limit or you need to adjust the dose of medicine. Along with medicine from the SSRI groups such as Escitalopram or Sertraline will help you to get out of these feelings.

Also, do these things.

1. Take adequate sleep.

2. Do regular exercise or go for a walk at least 45 minutes daily.

3. Take healthy food.

4. Avoid using any substance like alcohol or other drugs.

5. Keep yourself busy.

6. Spend time in your hobbies.

7. Spend time with your friends or family members.

8. If possible discuss your symptoms or feelings with your close friend or family member or meet a psychiatrist and discuss with him or her.

9. Do not hesitate to share how you feel with your family member and seek urgent help from a psychiatrist in person.

Hope this will help you.

Investigations to be done:

TSH, CBC, blood sugar.

Treatment plan:


Preventive measures:

Lifestyle modification.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

What are the advisable long term drug of choice for anxiety and depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I have depression, anxiety, lack of confidence, lack of energy, palpitation, and excess sweating for the past 18 years. I have consulted so many psychiatrists. My current doctor prescribes me Nexito Forte, Prothiaden 25 mg, and Toficalm 100 in morning and evening. But I feel some slee...  Read Full »

I am not getting sleep even after taking Stalopam. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from insomnia. I have been taking Stalopam for six months, but I am unable to sleep in the night. I had Feliz S Plus before two years, and it worked for me. But, I was advised by my doctor to stop it. What to do now?  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.