Q. HbA1c of 8. 8 in a 45-year-old male. What can be the treatment?

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Diabetes or Metformin? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 45-year-old male. I am 6 feet tall and I weigh 91 kg. I had taken excess BCAA supplement powder to enhance my gym performance and then stopped going to the gym for two Months but continued taking the BCAA powder.

I feel bloated all the time after food intake and have high blood sugar, both fasting blood sugar and postprandial. I even felt breathless with an enlarged tummy hanging down.

In the past, digestive Carmozyme helped a little. My HbA1c taken yesterday was 8.8. Is there a medication that I can take to reverse my insulin resistivity or am I permanently diabetic?

I have never gone above normal blood sugar levels in my life. This is sudden and very high and I am very demoralized. Kindly advise.