Q. Is multigrain cereal a healthier option than the regular ones?

Dr. Suneetha B S

I was just wondering. I like cereal and I try to go with a healthier option that still tastes good. So I found multigrain Cheerios and I thought they would be a healthier alternative to something like Froot Loops, Lucky Charms, and other sugary cereals. I know there are healthier options like steel-cut oats but I do not want to sacrifice all the taste. Just wondering what your thoughts on multigrain Cheerios are and if they are truly a healthier option.

#

When it comes to the content of sugar or high fructose corn syrup or chemicals, multigrain cheerios has it in the same amount as the normal one.

Another good habit to follow is to eat one grain in a meal. For example, You should not be eating rice and wheat together in one meal. So multigrain is never the best option.

You can try making steel cut oats more delicious by adding dry or fresh fruits.

For more information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

|