Q. I have difficulty in breathing. Is it due to my heart condition?

Answered by Dr. Ritendra Nath Talapatra and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Difficulty In Breathing or Breathlessness? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am taking medicines for the heart. Now, I have difficulty in breathing. So, I decided to see cardiologists. Here are the findings: the study is done using standard transthoracic 2D echocardiographic views.

Normal left ventricular internal diameter with left ventricular mass index (LVMI) of 93.9 gm/m2 and relative wall thickness (RWT) of 0.53. There is normal wall motion and contractility with normal left ventricular systolic function with ejection fraction of 59 % by Simpsons. Normal left atrial anteroposterior diameter with left atrial volume index of 20.60 ml/m2 without thrombosis. Normal right ventricular dimension with adequate contractility. Normal right atrium, main pulmonary artery, and aortic root dimensions. Structurally normal aortic, mitral, tricuspid, and pulmonic valves without restriction of valve opening. No pericardial effusion. The result of ECG is sinus tachycardia. I hope you can help me. Thank you.