Q. I have difficulty in breathing. Is it due to my heart condition?

Dr. Ritendra Nath Talapatra

I am taking medicines for the heart. Now, I have difficulty in breathing. So, I decided to see cardiologists. Here are the findings: the study is done using standard transthoracic 2D echocardiographic views.

Normal left ventricular internal diameter with left ventricular mass index (LVMI) of 93.9 gm/m2 and relative wall thickness (RWT) of 0.53. There is normal wall motion and contractility with normal left ventricular systolic function with ejection fraction of 59 % by Simpsons. Normal left atrial anteroposterior diameter with left atrial volume index of 20.60 ml/m2 without thrombosis. Normal right ventricular dimension with adequate contractility. Normal right atrium, main pulmonary artery, and aortic root dimensions. Structurally normal aortic, mitral, tricuspid, and pulmonic valves without restriction of valve opening. No pericardial effusion. The result of ECG is sinus tachycardia. I hope you can help me. Thank you.

#

By reviewing your clinical symptoms and medical records (attachment removed to protect patient identity), here are the salient findings with explanations.

In your echo report, you are having concentric LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy), means you are hypertensive for a long time and your current antihypertensive medications are not controlling it well.

You are having sinus tachycardia despite 1.5 dose of Coralan (Ivabradine) which is not normal.

You are feeling breathless despite ARB medications.

So, my suggestion for you is as follows:

1. Salt restricted diet.
  2. Tablet Telmisartan (Telma) 80 mg one tablet at 8 AM
  3. Tablet Chlorthalidone (Ctd) 12.5 mg one tablet at 8 AM
  4. Tablet Metoprolol XL (Metocard XL) 50 mg one tablet at 8 PM.
  5. Tablet rosuvastatin 20 mg at 10 PM.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|