Q. Can people with high blood pressure use an Albuterol inhaler?

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

I have been suffering from asthma since childhood. For the last 3 to 5 years, I have felt breathing difficulty after urinating. It seems like a full bladder emptying and perhaps waking up empty. I usually need Albuterol inhaler to breathe smoothly to get back to sleep.

Kindly help.

#

As per your history you have been suffereing from asthma. Kindly answer the below-mentioned questions so that I could guide you better.

1. Do you have high blood pressure?

2. Do you feel giddiness while or after passing urine?

3. For how long do you feel this difficulty after urinating?

Thanks for your response.

Yes doctor, I have high blood pressure. I always use the inhaler right away and it fixes the problem. As of now, there is no giddiness. I had undergone an MRI that showed possible subacute injury, and decreased fractional anisotropy of the splenium apart from nasal polyps.

#

You may stop using Albuterol inhaler as it can cause your blood pressure to increase and may replace it with something more safer as you are a hypertensive patient. You may seek help of a local physician and get an abodminal ultrasound to rule out any swellings or calculli. Please take routine blood investigation to check for any signs of anemia.

|