Welcome to icliniq.com.
I would like to know some details about your symptoms:
1. Since when your symptoms started? Please tell sequentially.
2. Symptoms started with back pain? Or you noticed thinning of the left leg first?
3. Do you have any weakness in the left leg? If yes, what activity of the left leg is limited?
4. Do you have any pain in the legs (coming down from the back)? If yes, which leg and parts?
5. Do you have any tingling sensation in the legs? If yes, which leg and which part of the leg?
6. Do you have any other medical history - like diabetes or blood pressure or any other significant medical problem? Are you taking any medications (if yes, please mention medicines names with dosage and frequency)
7. Which area of the left leg look thin (compared to right)? If possible, please send pictures of the area showing thinning with the right leg alone with (for comparison)
8. Have you consulted a neurologist physically? I would like to get your physical assessment sheet to know which muscles of the leg how much power and how are deep tendon reflexes in the hands and legs?
Your nerve conduction study is showing less conduction velocity of a motor nerve in both legs and EMG showing denervation changes in leg leg calf area muscles.Regarding follow up:
Such changes can happen due to involvement of their nerves within leg or at their origin in spinal cord and rarely due to involvement of the origin cell (motor neuron).
Please revert with above mentioned information for better understanding and further decision making.
Along with please send (As attachment):
- photographs showing atrophy in left leg (while keeping right leg sideways).
Neurologist/ physiotherapist assessment sheet.
Your MRI spine images via CD - upload it in icliniq DICOM viewer and its reports.