Q. I am 13 weeks pregnant and got a double marker test. Is there any complication?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 02, 2019

I am 13 weeks pregnant. I got a double marker test:

• hCG free beta-62.50ng/mL.
  • PAPP-A - 7.17mlU/mL
  • Trisomy 21-1:250
  • Trisomy 18/13 -1:100
  • NT-1.00 mm
  • NT MoM's -0.63MoM
  • CRL -61.8mm

Is there any complication?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your attached dual screen report and it shows low risk for all the chromosomal abnormality which is absolutely normal.

It should be kept in mind that this is a screening test which calculates the risk of carrying a baby with chromosomal abnormalities like trisomy 21 which causes the Down's syndrome and trisomy 13 and 18. In your case, all are at low risk.

So, stay calm and enjoy your pregnancy.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|