Q. What has to done for dual marker test showing high risk for Down's syndrome?

I have done a dual marker test. My age is 34 years old. The disorder is Down's syndrome. Result increased. Final risk 1:212. Age risk : 1:433. Cut off : 1:250.

#

The risk as mentioned is high. So the next step would be to get a quadruple marker at 14 to 16 weeks and if positive then amniocentesis for fetal cell karyotyping can be done to get a conclusive result to rule out Down's syndrome. If you prefer non invasive test for the same then you can opt for NIPT test or non invasive prenatal testing.

|