Q. My mom has ear pain and itching in inner ear due to cold. What should be done?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

My mom has an ear infection for more than one month now. She had a cold which led to her ear pain. Then she took Aplosyn for two weeks and now she is taking Nasoflo. The back of her ear until her neck has pain now. What can we do?

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Is there any swelling around her ears or neck? Is she a diabetic? Any throat complaints? If yes, send me a clear picture of her throat.

| 

Yes, there is a little bit of swelling below her left ear, it aches when she touches it and she is not diabetic and no throat complaints. But her cold is constant even with the Nasoflo. And sometimes her inner eardrum itches.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Her ear problem seems to be due to cold. You can stop other medicines and take oral decongestants and antihistamines.

Take a combination of Fexofenadine (60 mg) + Pseudoephedrine (120 mg) twice daily after food for five days, or you can take Fexofenadine (120 mg) + Pseudoephedrine (240 mg) once daily after food for five days.

If she has nose block as well then give her a nasal decongestant drops as well (Xylometazoline) two drops three times a day for five days.

| 

After 25 months of unprotected sex, why am I having various symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have few questions to ask regarding my health problems. After 25 months of unprotected sex, I went for an HIV test called comb AIDS test, and the result came negative for both HIV-1 and HIV-2. At the same time, I also took a test on HBsAg, HVC, scrub typhus, Widal test, and blood sug...  Read Full »

Why the ear pain increased after using prescribed ear drops?

Query: Hello doctor,A few months back, I had ear pain and according to the doctor, I had a fungal infection and got my ear cleansed and prescribed some drops for my ear to be used. As I used those ear drops my ear pain got increased and it turned into a very severe pain that I start feeling that some fluid...  Read Full »

Can I use coconut oil for itchy ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I have dryness in the ear and ear itching problem. I had consulted an ENT and he had said that it was a genetic problem. He suggested not to use any ear drops instead advised me to clean it using alcohol or spirit. Please give your expert opinion regarding the same.  Read Full »