Q. What can the painful inflamed ridges on penis be?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Published on Mar 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2019

I got my penis injured while having sex with my girlfriend. Now, I have what seems to be an inflamed rib or ridges on only one side of my penis. It hurts all day while walking or lifting too. I have a hard flaccid penis since this has happened. I have been taking anti-inflammatory drugs and icing it, but cannot get them to go away. Everything aggravates around night-time erections and all erections are painful on that side. I drive all day and just by pressing the brake, it hurts the whole day. I do not have peyronie's or a curved erection. Going to a urologist just blows me off. Has anyone ever heard of this situation? Is there any anti-inflammatory injection or drug that will make me not get erections until it heal? I never had these before the injury. I am attaching the picture. Please help.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

I had a look at the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I believe you have got thrombophlebitis of the superficial veins of penis.
  • It is a self-limiting condition and usually resolves in a few weeks. All you need is supportive care with anti-inflammatory and analgesics.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

It is not the vein that I am worried about. These ribs or ridges that are huge and painful on the right side of my shaft are hurting. Please help.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• These ridges could be due to tear in the tunica and subsequent hematoma.
  • However, I would strongly suggest you to get an ultrasound Doppler study of penis to confirm the diagnosis and to plan further course of action.

Would not a hematoma bruise and change color? Could I have just injured the corpora cavernosa and inflamed the tissue without rupturing the tunica? Is there any anti-inflammatory cream? Or Can I get a shot directly into the inflamed tissue? Is there a pill to stop night-time erections? Please suggest.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• Hematoma could be underneath the tunica, which can mask the discoloration.
  • Topical Diclofenac creams are available. However, it is better to take oral Aceclofenac few doses along with a small dose of steroid like Prednisolone.
  • To prevent erections, you can use tablet Ketoconazole 400 mg thrice as long as required.

For further doubts consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old male with a height of 5 feet 6 inches and a weight of 78 kg. I have been on Eltroxin 100 mcg and Amloz 5 mg for two years for hypothyroidism. I am feeling fatigued and have an intense appetite. I have lost fertility for the last one year. My ESR value is 41. I also ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) report is not available. So kindly review the TSH report again. Coming to ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) at 41, it need not ...  Read Full

Is it risky to have sexual intercourse with type 1 herpes patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I just recently started dating a man that informed me he has type 1 herpes. I want to know the risk factors and protective measures I can take if I choose to start a sexual relationship with him.  Read Full >>

Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Type 1 herpes is a sexually transmitted virus. It spreads with contact with an infected person. It can lead to oro-genital infective lesions. To prevent it, avoid any kind of sexual contact with the infected person especially when the person is having active lesions....  Read Full

I have erectile dysfunction and ejaculation problems. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My cum is not coming out by force or thrust. The cum is just flowing out of my penis. Three years earlier the cum was coming out by force or thrust. I am having erectile dysfunction may be since last two years or two and half years, and I was not having erectile disfunction earlier. I...  Read Full >>

Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would like to know whether the amount of semen ejaculated had been the same over the last three years or has it decreased? Firstly, the speed with which the ejaculate came out does not unduly affect your fertility. I would suggest you h...  Read Full