Q. What can the painful inflamed ridges on penis be?

Answered by Dr. Vivekanandan G and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Penile Fracture or Erectile Dysfunction? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I got my penis injured while having sex with my girlfriend. Now, I have what seems to be an inflamed rib or ridges on only one side of my penis. It hurts all day while walking or lifting too. I have a hard flaccid penis since this has happened. I have been taking anti-inflammatory drugs and icing it, but cannot get them to go away. Everything aggravates around night-time erections and all erections are painful on that side. I drive all day and just by pressing the brake, it hurts the whole day. I do not have peyronie's or a curved erection. Going to a urologist just blows me off. Has anyone ever heard of this situation? Is there any anti-inflammatory injection or drug that will make me not get erections until it heal? I never had these before the injury. I am attaching the picture. Please help.