Q. Had injection Fondum based on my ECG. Is it mandatory to have the balance two injections?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 02, 2019

I am recommended the injection Fondum based upon the ECG. The ECG report says the blood supply to one valve is less other all is fine, already taken one. Also, other medicines as Rosumac gold (Aspirin, Rosuvastatin, Clopidogrel), Sorbitrate. Should I take balance two injections of Fondum or consult a cardiologist. Had done an Echo two years back and that was normal.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

These medicines are given for acute coronary syndromes. Please send me ECG so that I can guide you accordingly that what to do next. Please tell about the age of patient, symptoms, and any blood tests performed.

I have attached the file.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

ECG is normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If there are no symptoms of chest pain, there is no need for such treatment. Medicines you mentioned are given in heart attack patients. This ECG is normal. If he has chest pain, I advise having a cardiac troponin level checked. If this test is normal, then the heart attack will be excluded, and such treatment is not required. Giving these medicines to a normal person is not free from harms as all drugs have their side effects.

He had loose motion and gastritis followed by a syncope for an hour the previous night because of the falling BP. After taking an emergency injection to raise the bp, the BP got normal. And I went to the doctor for an ECG, and he prescribed these medications, like Fondum, Sorbitrate, Rosumac gold saying the ECG looks like blood supply to a valve is less, hence to continue these injection Fondum for three days, Rosumac gold for a month and Sorbitrate.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

Loose motions are due to acute gastroenteritis. ECG is normal, and there is no need for heart medicines.

Why is Aspirin given for high hemoglobin and RBC count?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old male. My hemoglobin was 18.3 g/dL, but it has come down to 17.7 g/dL since the last two months. My RBC count varies between 6.1 to 6.27 now, and PCV is 51.9 %. I am taking mini Aspirin as suggested by my doctor. Do I have any reason to worry?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your hemoglobin level, RBC (red blood cells), and PCV (packed cell volume) are high. The lymph node, liver, and spleen need to be clinically examined. Do you have a history of dizziness, weakness, and stroke? High level of RBC and hemoglobin can cause blood clots and ca...  Read Full

Do you think the treatment given for my father is right?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 58 years old, having diabetes for the last 23 years. He always takes Insulin and other sugar tablets. His weight is 67 kg and height is 5'5". For the last two months, he has been taking Aspirin 75 mg. He had a minor headache for the last few days. Also, he had a cold an...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me tell you that the decision of holding the operation is correct. Everywhere in the world that is the standard practice. We do not operate for at least five days after stopping the Aspirin or Clopidogrel. Aspirin and Clopidogrel are basically sort of b...  Read Full

ECG shows RBBB and marked left ventricular hypertrophy. What does it mean?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 12 years old, very active, plays representative basketball and attends a sports high school. Last Sunday, he was knocked over while playing and hurt his arm. After getting up, he fainted. He was fine after that. There were no broken bones, but the medical center did an ECG, and...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ECG (electrocardiogram) is showing incomplete RBBB (right bundle branch block) or early RBBB and features of left ventricular hypertrophy, and also heart rate is on lower side nearing 60 beats per minute. But as you mentioned, he is a basketball player. So, athle...  Read Full