Q. I have small white scar on the lower lip. What is the cause?

Dr. Sandeep Golla
Published on Aug 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

I have a small white scar on the lower lip for seven months. It was not white at first. But now it just stays there and does not show any change.

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Your problem is nasolabial dyssebacia (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a type of eczema secondary to mild pityrosporum yeast infection associated with an oily part of the face with affected areas, mild scaling and redness in few individuals. You can start using Cetaphil soap for face wash along with Lulifin cream (Luliconazole) once daily for 30 days. Apply to the affected areas even if the skin becomes normal after 30 days. It flares with stress and over thinking. Nothing serious, it is curable.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Do you think it is cancer?

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

It is not related to cancer. Common types of cancer-related to skin:

1. Basal cell carcinoma.
  2. Squamous cell carcinoma.
  3. Blue nevus.
  4. Sebaceous naevus.

Your nasolabial dyssebacia is not fitting to any of the above mentioned cutaneous carcinomas. It is a simple yeast infection which can be cured.

I read that self-tanning creams can cause cancer. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 32 years old. I was using self-tanning creams around seven years all year long. I have stopped for the last two years. I am worried because I have read that self-tanning creams are causing cancer and tumors. Is it true? Are they out of my system or will it take years to appear if t...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine for treating yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I treat a yeast infection? Is there over-the-counter medicine for that?  Read Full »

Can Vaseline cause a yeast infection if used during sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I was having sex using Vaseline. The next day I found a rash under my foreskin and it is like peeling and redness on my penis head. I was having coconut oil for treating the itchiness and today I see red blood blister like things around the corona of the glans. My wife said she got yeas...  Read Full »