Q. I have small white scar on the lower lip. What is the cause?

Dr. Sandeep Golla
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

I have a small white scar on the lower lip for seven months. It was not white at first. But now it just stays there and does not show any change.

#

Your problem is nasolabial dyssebacia (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a type of eczema secondary to mild pityrosporum yeast infection associated with an oily part of the face with affected areas, mild scaling and redness in few individuals. You can start using Cetaphil soap for face wash along with Lulifin cream (Luliconazole) once daily for 30 days. Apply to the affected areas even if the skin becomes normal after 30 days. It flares with stress and over thinking. Nothing serious, it is curable.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Do you think it is cancer?

#

It is not related to cancer. Common types of cancer-related to skin:

1. Basal cell carcinoma.
  2. Squamous cell carcinoma.
  3. Blue nevus.
  4. Sebaceous naevus.

Your nasolabial dyssebacia is not fitting to any of the above mentioned cutaneous carcinomas. It is a simple yeast infection which can be cured.

|