Q. My testicle sizes are different. Will it be an issue in my visa medical test?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 17, 2020

I was attacked by mumps around three years back and now my testicle sizes are different. So, I wanted to know about the treatment. Will I get rejected in visa medical test? I am a petroleum engineer. Please help.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

#

I had gone through all the details posted.

The difference in size of the testicles is mainly because of two reasons, orchitis and hydrocele. Orchitis is inflammation of the testicles, which has happened three years back due to mumps. There will be redness, pain and no fluid around the testis.

For decrease of swelling and pain, we need to use anti-inflammatory agents. If there is any bacterial infection, then we need to use antibiotics. In case of hydrocele, if the inflammation is more, then the fluid will be formed around the testis, which needs ultrasound and clinical examination for diagnosis.

If there is fluid around the testis, then it can be removed by surgery. If you have hydrocele, there is chance for rejection to foreign countries. So, you may need to be operated. If it is only different size of the testis and no fluid, then there may not be a chance for rejection. So, you need to consult a general surgeon and get an ultrasound of the scrotum for further management.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I do not have any pain. Is there any treatment to resize? Also, is there any precaution to prevent the recurrence?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

#

Normally, the size of the testes will not be equal. As there will not be any problem with the function of testis, you need not worry much regarding the size. Get an ultrasound scrotum to rule out hydrocele or varicocele. If present, then you need to take treatment for that. If only different sized testis is present without any liquid collection, then nothing needs to be done. There is no treatment for resizing. General precautions to be followed to prevent infections in the groin area. No specific precautions exist.

|