Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. My testicle sizes are different. Will it be an issue in my visa medical test?

Answered by
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 17, 2020

Hi doctor,

I was attacked by mumps around three years back and now my testicle sizes are different. So, I wanted to know about the treatment. Will I get rejected in visa medical test? I am a petroleum engineer. Please help.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome to

I had gone through all the details posted.

The difference in size of the testicles is mainly because of two reasons, orchitis and hydrocele. Orchitis is inflammation of the testicles, which has happened three years back due to mumps. There will be redness, pain and no fluid around the testis.

For decrease of swelling and pain, we need to use anti-inflammatory agents. If there is any bacterial infection, then we need to use antibiotics. In case of hydrocele, if the inflammation is more, then the fluid will be formed around the testis, which needs ultrasound and clinical examination for diagnosis.

If there is fluid around the testis, then it can be removed by surgery. If you have hydrocele, there is chance for rejection to foreign countries. So, you may need to be operated. If it is only different size of the testis and no fluid, then there may not be a chance for rejection. So, you need to consult a general surgeon and get an ultrasound of the scrotum for further management.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

I do not have any pain. Is there any treatment to resize? Also, is there any precaution to prevent the recurrence?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome back to

Normally, the size of the testes will not be equal. As there will not be any problem with the function of testis, you need not worry much regarding the size. Get an ultrasound scrotum to rule out hydrocele or varicocele. If present, then you need to take treatment for that. If only different sized testis is present without any liquid collection, then nothing needs to be done. There is no treatment for resizing. General precautions to be followed to prevent infections in the groin area. No specific precautions exist.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have enlarged right testicle. Please guide.
I have dull testicle pain and intermittent stomach pain. What could it be?
I have testicle pain after unprotected sex. Could it be epididymitis?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Is an ultrasound not essential to detect the cause of lump in testicle?

Query: Hello doctor, My 24 year old son discovered a small lump in his testicle about a month ago. He saw a urologist immediately who did a physical exam, drew some blood and took a urine specimen. He said that the lump was located on the back of the testicle and most likely a benign cyst. We had a follow...  Read Full »

Is surgery mandatory for epididymo-orchitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32 year old male. Is surgery mandatory for epididymo-orchitis, with impression hydrocele and internal septations?  Read Full »

I am suffering from epididymo-orchitis. Please tell me whether I am fertile or not.

Query: Hi doctor,I had an attack of orchitis in my right testis. I have undergone a scan due to pain. It showed right epididymo-orchitis, and my sperm count is 59 million and 60% actively motile. Please tell me whether I am fertile enough or not. My affected testis size is small, and I am mentally getting...  Read Full »

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.