Nonalcholic Steatohepatitis

Is it fine to take Prednisone and Azathioprine for autoimmune hepatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been itching throughout my body, especially after eating, for about two years. I noticed fatigue and shortness of breath about 18 months ago. I stopped smoking before seven years. I stopped drinking before a year as my upper abdominal area started paining after drinking. Before fi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few important facts I would want you to consider. We have to rule out other forms of hepatitis like viral hepatitis, amyloid or iron deposition, NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis) and alcoholic liver disease. All three markers are non-specific; ant...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a low dose of something to help with my severe itching complaint?

Query: Hi doctor, My thyroid levels indicate that I have hyperthyroidism and I am so itchy. Itch is my number one complaint. I also have an elevated heart rate, abnormal liver tests, and weight loss. I made an appointment with an endocrinologist. However, I need help now. I am so itchy. Is there a low dos...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, please attach your liver function tests for review.  Read Full »

What is wrong in my annual health checkup report?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male. Recently, I have gone for an annual health checkup. Following are the areas which are highlighted as abnormal for which I seek consultation in evaluating it better. I would like to find the root cause for the same along with medication or lifestyle changes, if a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For eosinophilia, the most important point is to detect and eliminate allergies and worms if you have symptoms of itchy nose, sneezing, wheezing or breathing issues, rash or abdominal pain. Please let me know if you have any one of these. For low Vitamin D, I suggest 5...  Read Full »

Please interpret my USG liver report.

Query: Hello doctor, Four months before, I was diagnosed with fatty liver, slightly elevated fasting sugar and the level of total cholesterol. My current medications are tablet Viboliv 500 daily two times in a restricted diet and Nexpro RD. I had consumed spicy foods rarely. In the last four months, I l...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fatty liver disease is also known as NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis), which may progress to NAFLD that is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. The real issue here is to know if you are developing fibrosis or cirrhosis from it. And that is whether you are compens...  Read Full »

I am an alcoholic and bulimic. What does my report suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I am bulimic for the past nine years and also suffering from anxiety and depression for the past five years. I like to drink alcohol a lot. I recently had a checkup and I have attached my test reports for your reference. I am just taking vitamin supplements...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking into your laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you are having hepatitis. It could be alcohol induced, viral or a combination of both. The ultrasound will guide to rule out lesions in the liver. It will also help us t...  Read Full »