Q. For a year, I have a yeast infection despite taking medication. Will this cause erectile dysfunction?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I feel that my penis is shrinking. I have observed it became smaller than usual for eight months. I thought it was because of the weather. But later, it remains the same. I can see the only foreskin was out when I tried to touch it. Even I am nervous about meeting my wife because of this. We did not have intercourse for months due to this issue. It is becoming soft within minutes (erectile dysfunction). Also, for a year, I am facing a yeast infection. I consulted a doctor and used tablet Fluconazole 150 mg for seven days and Miconazole gel (DK gel) twice daily for seven days, and tablet Fexofenadine180 mg. That time it was okay. Now again, for three months, I am having blockages while urinating too. I see white yeast is coming out from the foreskin. I sometimes have itching all over the penis. That time I clean it very well with a healthy faucet. Tried removing yeast by washing with faucet. But every next day, I can see yeast. My Major issues are shrinking penis, yeast infection, and inability to have a strong erection for six to eight months. Kindly help me.

#

Erection problems can be due to lifestyle factors like taking alcohol, smoking, or being overweight. It may also be due to any major illness or due to some medicines. Often it can be due to stress or anxiety or due to blood abnormalities for which you need to do blood tests Hb (hemoglobin), TC (total count), DC (differential count), fasting sugar, prolactin, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and testosterone. Walking half an hour daily will help. If you are in some office job, then every half hour, get up from your chair and walk around for five minutes. It will help circulation in the penis.

The penis does not shrink in reality, but due to muscle spasms, there is a shrinking feeling. It has the same causes and treatment as erectile dysfunction.

Yeast infection may be due to high blood sugar. Please check it, also wash and hot iron your underwear daily. Use Clotrimazole cream thrice daily for 15 days. I hope this was helpful.

I have a smoking and drinking habit. But not too much. Smoke one to three a day. Alcohol once or twice in a week that too three 60 ml. The only stress I took in recent times is about shrinking. I was the same weight for many years, fluctuating between 84 to 90 kg. Earlier I never felt such issues as recommended. Kindly give your opinion.

#

Your sugar level is very high. Also, triglyceride is high, mild problem in the liver. Your present problem is due to high blood sugar. You should see a diabetes specialist. I hope this was helpful.

|