Q. I have both ED and PE. Will Duralast help?

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

I am married for some years now but always had an issue with PE and ED or libido. But nowadays the situation is very worst as with PE other issues are there. The ejaculation is happening within 15 to 30 seconds that too hardly having any erection. I used to have good arousal and erection previously. Now I have been given tablet Duralast 30 but not getting an erection at all or arousal though I wanted to have sex. Also, the timing has been the same as I took it only for 10 days now, so I am not sure whether it is working or not but cannot have sex as no erection at the last moment.

#

Right now, the problem is with erection. Duralast (Dapoxetine) does not help with erection at all. It can only delay ejaculation. You need to take Sildenafil 50 mg one hour before sex. If it does not help much, the dose can be increased to 100 mg. I will recommend that you stop Duralast for a few days until you have a good erection with Sildenafil.

After that, if you have a problem with premature ejaculation, even with a good erection, then you can take Duralast along with Sildenafil.

But PE is a permanent issue with me. So I need to take Duralast for ED. Still, I want a permanent solution for both and also any test or medicine you can prescribe for a permanent solution with Sildenafil. Still, I like it a quick solution for now as I will be going back for my job and then go for a long term medicine.

#

Premature ejaculation reduces with age in many people. If it does not, you will have to take medicines like Duralast or use local Lignocaine jelly/spray.

For ED, you need to undergo tests to determine the cause of the ED and then treat the cause.

Some basic investigations that can help are:

1. Thyroid function test.

2. Serum homocysteine level.

3. Serum lipid profile.

|