Q. Should I get my testosterone checked for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction?

Answered by
Dr. Vaibhav Vishal
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 08, 2022 and last reviewed on: Oct 07, 2022

Hello doctor,

I am a 35-year-old male. I have erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. My height is 5 feet, and my weight is around 68 kg. I do exercise twice a week. I want to go ahead and get a testosterone level test. Please give me your advice on this.

Thank you.



Welcome to

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. For your problem of erectile dysfunction (ED) and premature ejaculation, I would suggest you get blood tests such as;

1. Serum testosterone. Both free and total testosterone.

2. Serum lipid profile.

3. Thyroid function test and liver function tests (LFT).

4. HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin).

If these tests show any hormonal problem, then treatment has been started according to your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). If all reports are normal, another medication for ED and premature ejaculation is needed. A physical examination by a urologist is also required to assess for causes of ED. Usually, if all tests are normal, treatment is started with mild medication, which is multivitamins, micronutrients, also which would help to restore sexual function like tablet V-Total (Ascorbic Acid, Astaxanthin Biotin, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Cyanocobalamin, Elemental Zinc, Ginseng, Iodine, Niacinamide Pyridoxine, Riboflavin, Selenium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E) once daily for two months.


Hello doctor,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please give the possible remedy and explanation to my condition?




Welcome back to

The results are under normal limits based on your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). The testosterone is on the lower side but does not need hormonal replacement treatment. At present, I will advise you to continue the micronutrients and other medications I advised earlier. Continue your physical activity and exercise and repeat testosterone after Three months.

For premature ejaculation I suggest you to do the following:

1. Use a condom to prolong ejaculation time.

2. If the condom is not successful, you can use a Lignocaine jelly application over the glans penis 10 minutes before sexual activity. Use only a minimal amount of cream, as it will cause a mild decrease in the sensation of the glans penis for some time.

I hope this answers your query.


Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

With regards to erectile dysfunction, the most common cause at this age would be psychogenic ... I feel a strong sexual urge but then there is that ...   Read full

Is premature ejaculation related to small penis size?

Also, I suggest taking tablet Dejac T (Tadalafil and Dapoxetine) once daily at 8 PM ...   Read full

Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Population

It has a large psychological component in many patients - Depression, a common psychiatric condition, is much more commonly seen in diabetic men ... This causes a rise in the pressure within the urethra in the penis and may l...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Listeriosis - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Listeriosis is a bacterial infection, that can result in severe complications like meningitis, sepsis, and even death. R...  Read more»
Myositis - Types, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prognosis
The term "myositis" refers to a set of uncommon diseases. To know more about myositis, read the full article below.  Read more»
Osteoporosis: an Important Public Health Problem
Osteoporosis is a problem that is largely preventable. This article focuses on the causes of osteoporosis and the availa...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.