Q. Should I get my testosterone checked for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction?

Dr. Vaibhav Vishal
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 08, 2022 and last reviewed on: Oct 07, 2022

I am a 35-year-old male. I have erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. My height is 5 feet, and my weight is around 68 kg. I do exercise twice a week. I want to go ahead and get a testosterone level test. Please give me your advice on this.

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. For your problem of erectile dysfunction (ED) and premature ejaculation, I would suggest you get blood tests such as;

1. Serum testosterone. Both free and total testosterone.

2. Serum lipid profile.

3. Thyroid function test and liver function tests (LFT).

4. HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin).

If these tests show any hormonal problem, then treatment has been started according to your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). If all reports are normal, another medication for ED and premature ejaculation is needed. A physical examination by a urologist is also required to assess for causes of ED. Usually, if all tests are normal, treatment is started with mild medication, which is multivitamins, micronutrients, also which would help to restore sexual function like tablet V-Total (Ascorbic Acid, Astaxanthin Biotin, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Cyanocobalamin, Elemental Zinc, Ginseng, Iodine, Niacinamide Pyridoxine, Riboflavin, Selenium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E) once daily for two months.

Thank you for your response.

Could you please give the possible remedy and explanation to my condition?

#

The results are under normal limits based on your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). The testosterone is on the lower side but does not need hormonal replacement treatment. At present, I will advise you to continue the micronutrients and other medications I advised earlier. Continue your physical activity and exercise and repeat testosterone after Three months.

For premature ejaculation I suggest you to do the following:

1. Use a condom to prolong ejaculation time.

2. If the condom is not successful, you can use a Lignocaine jelly application over the glans penis 10 minutes before sexual activity. Use only a minimal amount of cream, as it will cause a mild decrease in the sensation of the glans penis for some time.

I hope this answers your query.

|