Q. How to get rid of cancer phobia?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I have a cancer phobia. Please help me.

#

I can understand your situation. But I need details about your symptoms of phobia, duration, frequency, severity, associated factor, etc.

Try to follow the below lifestyle to deal with it.

1. Do exercises daily for 30 - 45 minutes, like at least going for a walk.

2. Do meditation for 20 minutes daily. Just sit at one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing. Do not stop or force yourself to control your thoughts. Just let it be. It will help you to relax.

3. Eat healthy home-cooked foods, and avoid junk foods.

4. Drink enough water.

5. Spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you live away from your family.

6. Spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, learning new skills or language or musical instruments.

7. Take enough 7 - 8 hours of sleep daily.

8. Avoid tobacco or alcohol, or any substance abuse.

You should start tablet Escitalopram 10 mg for your phobia. You can take tablet Clonazepam mouth dissolving 0.25 mg when you have acute anxiety or restlessness.

I used to eat supari, and now I read the article that says it causes cancer. Now I am worried and checked my CBC and CRP. All reports are normal. What should I do? Please reply.

#

It will not harm you if you stop chewing supari now. It will make trouble if you chew for more than 15-20 years with heavy use. Otherwise, it will not cause any problem. Just stop chewing supari. You will not have cancer surely. Live a healthy lifestyle, as I suggest you.

|