Q. What is the treatment for fever and infection in my seven-year-old kid besides Paracetamol and antibiotics?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 27, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 21, 2022

My kid is seven years old boy suffering from fever. His temperature was 102 to 103 F the day before yesterday. We had given him liquid Paracetamol. Later it turned out to be an infection. Currently, he is on antibiotics.

#

As per the reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), there seems to be a likely viral infection. Therefore, you can continue the antibiotics. Please use paracetamol only if the fever is between 100 to 102 F and Ibugesic Plus (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol) when the fever is 102 F or more. I would suggest doing an X-ray chest (erect view) to check for pleural effusion and a Covid-19 RT-PCR test.

Further management will depend on the clinical condition of the child, X-ray findings, and RT-PCR findings.

|