Q. Can I get pregnant with only one matured follicle?

Answered by
Dr. Purushottam Sah
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 04, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

I had PCOD. Please check my scan report and explain it. Thank you.



Welcome to

I have read your problem.

  • Are you taking any medicine? Are you trying for pregnancy?
  • The report shows that you have a mature follicle in the left ovary which may rupture in one or two days, so you have to continue the scan.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Thank you doctor,

Yes, I am taking an ayurveda medicine and I am trying for pregnancy. Is that fine if I have only one follicle? What about the right ovary? What time should we intercourse? Always the semen comes out my vagina after a few minutes of intercourse. Please suggest some measures. How long should I stay back in bed after intercourse?



Welcome back to

  • Yes, it is fine to have only one follicle.
  • You should have intercourse from today for the next three days.
  • The liquid that men ejaculate during sex is called semen and it contains millions of invisible sperms. These sperms fertilize the eggs. After sex the sperms remain inside vagina, they swim like a fish deep inside and the liquid semen comes out of the vagina. It is not a problem.
  • After intercourse just stay for five minutes in the bed, which is enough.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Suffering from PCOD and taking medicines from past 1 year but still it has not reduced

Hi doctor, Is it normal to poop and urinate often during implantation bleeding?   Read full

How to conclude Down's syndrome other than ultrasound scan?

Hi doctor, Is it normal to poop and urinate often during implantation bleeding?   Read full

Why did the ultrasound scan at the eighth week show 5.5 weeks baby with no heartbeat?

Hi doctor, Is it normal to poop and urinate often during implantation bleeding?   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»
Importance of Sex Hormones - Types, Functions, Normal Ranges, and Roles
Sex hormones are steroids produced in the body that control sexual development, pregnancy, and overall health. Read belo...  Read more»
Fallopian Tubes - Anatomy, Function, and Diseases Affecting It
Fallopian tubes are important structures of the female reproductive tract. This article discusses the same below.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.