I have red spots on my chest for the last two weeks. They are not itching, but I am worried about that. Is this some sort of rash or just chest acne? Should I be worried? Please help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.
If you did not have any fever or viral in the recent past, these are quite unlikely to be some associated rash.
If these are only on the upper chest and not on other body areas like legs, arms, etc., you need not worry.
1. These could be acne if you have acne on the face, upper arms, shoulders, etc.
2. If they occurred immediately after waxing or shaving of chest hair then it can be folliculitis. In that case there should be little pus points or some discomfort or pain.
3. These could also be due to seborrheic dermatitis or pityriasis especially if you suffer from troublesome dandruff.
4. For acne you will require antibiotics and for seborrheic antifungal combinations.
Let me know if there are any associated features, so that appropriate creams can be prescribed to youRegarding follow up:
Revert back with detailed answers to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist
Was this answer helpful?|
I had a sore throat about a month ago for a couple of days. Is that related to this?
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
I do not see any correlation with sore throat which you had about a month back.
1. Clindamycin cream (Faceclin acne gel) twice a day.
2. Calamine lotion (Calak lotion) once or twice a day.
Revert back after a month to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I have got some pale discoloration patches on my back as can be seen in the attached picture. These started a few months back as point sized spots and slowly grown to present size. It is not itching or painful. I am from rural area. Please let me know the diagno... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I have a bacterial infection in my gums because of my wisdom teeth coming in. I have taken Clindamycin and Motrin but it does not work. Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. About three days ago, I could see that the color of skin under my breast was weird. It does not hurt or itch. It is only on my left breast and on my right breast there is only like five small spots. I am very scared what it might be. Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now